Okay, so we've established I know nothing about Tea. I still thought it would be fun to list 10 facts I do know.
- Tea leaves come from a plant called the Camellia sinensis.
- Pekoe is how a leaf is cut.
- Herbal teas are not actually considered tea, but are infusions. (I know, I feel the same way, it's a tea.)
- Tea (black) is meant to be consumed au natural....no sweetener, lemon, or milk. (Again,......what??? Really, I love a little tea with my sugar and lemon....Jus' sayin')
- White teas and herbal teas are not to be steeped in boiling water.
- Tea can help cure or a least help with just about every ailment in the book, including alcoholism.
- Kenya is currently the world's largest exporter of tea.
- Argentina is where the US gets most of its tea.
- Catnip can be used as a tea. (MEOW.....I wonder if it has the same effects that it does on my cats..??)
- I love tea, and that's a fact, Jack!
Please feel free to comment. Educate me on tea. Share your knowledge.