Thursday, March 20, 2014

Ostara Bloghop Personal Empowerment

 
Our wonderful wrangler for this Ostara 2014 tarot blog hop has chosen resurrection and rebirth as the theme. This theme comes at a most auspicious time in my life. My own resurrection and rebirth through the cards and dowsing.
Per Dictionary.com:
res·ur·rec·tion-noun-a rising again, as from decay, disuse, etc; revival
re·birth-noun-1. a new or second birth; 2. a renewed existence, activity or growth; renaissance or revival
For those of you who don't know my writing style, I usually add a futile attempt at humor. I'm not going to do that this time.
 
I was raised in a very conservative Southern Baptist home in North Carolina, a.k.a. The Bible belt. Hour and a half long sermons on Sunday, fire and brimstone, and green bean casseroles were a given. Tarot cards and any form of divination were strictly forbidden. I've always had a deep curiosity about the Tarot, crystal balls, pendulums, etc. In my twenties, as a gesture of rebellion, I bought a Tarot deck. However, religious guilt kicked in and I got rid of them.
 
Fast forward to a few years ago-After spending an entire weekend reading anything and everything I could find on the internet about Tarot, I bought my second deck and all the books I could afford, to learn how to use this new addition to my life. I consider this part of my life as my resurrection.
My rebirth happened only two and a half weeks ago. I had been employed by a corporation for 15 years. I was growing increasingly unhappy each and every day I had to be there. After securing a position in a New Age shop, I tendered my resignation with the corporation. Scared? Heck yes, but very happy with my decision!!!
 
Please note: I'm not one to jump and look later. Which is pretty obvious by my length of employment. I feel I must embrace my self imposed Fool's journey to see where it takes me.
I end my Ostara blog with a few verses. Keats and Longfellow it's not. Robin B. Wood it is:)
 
Tarot, Tarot what do you have in store for me?
My life has been so unfulfilled,
Empowerment is what I seek.
Shuffle, Shuffle, Shuffle, Cut
Face down, I fan the cards
Close my eyes and pick the one
that calls from afar.
The Fool, so bright, so lively, so gay
Yet I wonder why I've chosen you this day?
There is one question I want to know,
Is this really a cliff?
Or might there be a ledge below?
 
 
 
 
 


11 comments:

  1. I love it. What a great story of rebirth and empowerment. I'm sure the earth and sky sigh with delight every time someone discovers and embraces their calling :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind. Thank you for the sweet compliment. I'm still learning:)

      Delete
  2. Your story of rebirth and resurrection is so joyful and uplifting! Wonderful poem :-) Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margo, for the compliment. I'm new to blogging. I had to write out my blog on paper before I typed it:) LOL

      Delete
  3. I can relate to this story greatly. Thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment. I'm so glad you could relate to it.

      Delete
  4. OMG! The Greenbean casserole comment made me literally LOL multiple times! I also grew up on Southern Baptist (but in Virginia) and I hated, hated, hated green bean casserole which seemed to be a regular presence at any and every occasion. I always just thought it was something unique to my family and church.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment. I've always wondered who thought it was a good idea to put green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and fried onion crisps together! LOL....I'm sure there were people who read it and didn't get the comment. Only Southern folk will probably understand:)

      Delete
  5. I can relate to feeling scared when making that kind of jump from the corporate world. I did the same thing a few years ago but haven't looked back and am much happier! Thank you for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your story resonates with me a lot. I come from a very strict Catholic family who frowned upon any forms of divination. It took me years to make them them realise how wrong there were. Thank you for sharing that with us. And your poem is truly fab:)

    ReplyDelete