Thursday, March 20, 2014

Ostara Bloghop Personal Empowerment

 
Our wonderful wrangler for this Ostara 2014 tarot blog hop has chosen resurrection and rebirth as the theme. This theme comes at a most auspicious time in my life. My own resurrection and rebirth through the cards and dowsing.
Per Dictionary.com:
res·ur·rec·tion-noun-a rising again, as from decay, disuse, etc; revival
re·birth-noun-1. a new or second birth; 2. a renewed existence, activity or growth; renaissance or revival
For those of you who don't know my writing style, I usually add a futile attempt at humor. I'm not going to do that this time.
 
I was raised in a very conservative Southern Baptist home in North Carolina, a.k.a. The Bible belt. Hour and a half long sermons on Sunday, fire and brimstone, and green bean casseroles were a given. Tarot cards and any form of divination were strictly forbidden. I've always had a deep curiosity about the Tarot, crystal balls, pendulums, etc. In my twenties, as a gesture of rebellion, I bought a Tarot deck. However, religious guilt kicked in and I got rid of them.
 
Fast forward to a few years ago-After spending an entire weekend reading anything and everything I could find on the internet about Tarot, I bought my second deck and all the books I could afford, to learn how to use this new addition to my life. I consider this part of my life as my resurrection.
My rebirth happened only two and a half weeks ago. I had been employed by a corporation for 15 years. I was growing increasingly unhappy each and every day I had to be there. After securing a position in a New Age shop, I tendered my resignation with the corporation. Scared? Heck yes, but very happy with my decision!!!
 
Please note: I'm not one to jump and look later. Which is pretty obvious by my length of employment. I feel I must embrace my self imposed Fool's journey to see where it takes me.
I end my Ostara blog with a few verses. Keats and Longfellow it's not. Robin B. Wood it is:)
 
Tarot, Tarot what do you have in store for me?
My life has been so unfulfilled,
Empowerment is what I seek.
Shuffle, Shuffle, Shuffle, Cut
Face down, I fan the cards
Close my eyes and pick the one
that calls from afar.
The Fool, so bright, so lively, so gay
Yet I wonder why I've chosen you this day?
There is one question I want to know,
Is this really a cliff?
Or might there be a ledge below?