Monday, March 31, 2014

General Reading Tarot Spread that Works

General Reading Spread

Well, I've finally accomplished creating a general reading Tarot spread that works...at least, for me. Since I've been doing readings in person at Terra Blue, I've noticed a trend. The client comes in with one main concern (usually relationship), sits at the table, shuffles the cards and then says "Oh yeah, I also want to know about my job, my pet, my finances,...etc." For some reason, this was throwing me and my mojo off. My mind would go blank as I would try to come up with some kind of spread that would address their concerns in a 15 minute reading. I don't always use spreads, but I do put the intent into the cards. I ask the client to do the same as they shuffle. After laying out the cards in a 5 second "made up in my mind" spread kind of way, things usually just went from bad to worse.
 
So one day, I decided to sit down, clear my mind, and then reflect on all the in person readings I've done and what were the main concerns of the client. I wrote them all down, weeded the redundant questions, organized the positions and incorporated the positions into a shape. I tried it on every client I had this weekend and I have to say it worked really well. I had my mojo back, the client was satisfied, and all was well in my world:)
 
Before I start a reading, I ask my clients to draw one Lenormand card. This gives me an idea as to why they are seeking guidance.
 
Here is the spread:
 
1-Overall Present Being
2-Finance
3-Career
4-Family/Home Life (those close to you)
5-Love
6-Surprise coming (good or bad)
7-Most important thing the Universe wants you to know (this may or may not be related to previously drawn cards/positions)
 
1
2 3
7
4 5
6
 
 
Please comment your thoughts about this spread. If you decide to try it, let me know how it worked for you.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment