Monday, February 24, 2014

When The Reading is Feeling Right!!!

I don't know about you, but when I start a reading (person to person), I get a little sick to my stomach. Not because I don't want to do the reading. I guess it may be self doubt. It seems to me, no matter how many readings I do, I still doubt my ability. I go through this every time. However, by the end of the reading, I can already feel it's effect on the client. To date, I've only had 2 readings that went in the crapper. I don't know if it was me or the client. I still don't understand why I continue to beat myself up over those 2 readings, but I do. Especially, when I've had many, upon many readings where I felt so happy for the client. It's a feeling that's so hard to describe. I look into their eyes as I read and relate the meaning of the spread to them and I know and feel the empowerment it gives them. It's like waking up on Christmas morning and getting that Barbie with the 10 different hairstyles, the puffy dress, and of course the matching shoes that you'd wished for and had been good for the past 6 months. It's all worth it.

3 comments:

  1. I think that's actually really common, especially among professional readers! There's something about receiving payment for a reading that suddenly creates a vacuum of pressure ("musssttt get it riggghhhtt!!!"). Even knowing we're good at what we do isn't always enough to off-set the bursts of self-doubt. You're a great reader, I can happily report ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olivia, you are too good to me!!!!! I pale in comparison to your abilities. You have truly made my day. Peace be with you my friend!!!! Also, she is available at www.firstearthtarot.com !!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah! Aw, thank you!! Your light is in no way paler than mine! As Paris Finley once commented to me: Shine on, Tarot Sister!

      Delete