Monday, May 26, 2014

Southern Style Tarot Q&A

Squirrely Goings On

***WARNING THERE'S A LOT OF SOUTHERN COLLOQUIALISMS INCLUDED***

 
I live in Greensboro, N.C. We have a lot of different cultures. Some people have lived here all their lives and others, mostly Northerners, moved here for the climate and easy access to the beaches and mountains. As readers, we have an obligation to deliver the Universe's message to the client. Well, it never dawned on me that perhaps my readings were being lost in translation. This is also assuming that "well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit" isn't received by everyone as "Oh, okay, great. I understand now."
 
1. Your partner is as nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.
 
Translation: Your significant other is up to something that is making them nervous.
 
2. Whatcha goin' do when the crick runs dry?
 

Translation: You may need to watch how you spend your money.

3. He or she is lower than a snake's belly in a wagon rut.

Translation: He or she is of bad character.

4. He or she is as about as useful as a screen door on a submarine.

Translation: He or she is not good for you.

5. I see you've been busier than a one-legged cat in a sandbox.

Translation: You've been very busy and it may be taking its toll on your life.

6. He or she doesn't know whether to check his/her ass or scratch his/her watch.
    He or she is as lost as last year's Easter Egg.

Translation: You are very confused.

7. It seems to be comin' faster than a hot knife through butter.

Translation: It may happen very soon.

8. You ain't quit shittin' yeller (yellow) yet.

Translation: You are still very young.

9. They're about as useful as tits on a boar hog.

Translation: They are not being helpful to you in your life.

10. *I had to add this one even though it has nothing to do with Tarot*-I brought you into this world and I can take you out.

Translation: You're in big trouble. (mainly used by mothers)

Well, as one can see, I have to be very mindful of my verbiage to my clients. On a couple of occasions, I've had to explain things in a different way. It's all about the message and making sure your client understands it.

HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment